Marc Cucurella appears prone to develop into Chelsea‘s newest signing this summer time. The Premier League facet are able to pay 68 million euros to signal the Brighton star on a six-year deal.
With Manchester Metropolis not enhancing their supply, Thomas Tuchel‘s Chelsea swooped in sensing a chance forward of the departure of Marcos Alonso.
It has taken the Spaniard a single season to triple his switch worth (he price 18m euros) and he’ll now go from a mid-table Brighton to an bold Chelsea facet who’re aiming to win every part underneath their new homeowners.
Chelsea‘s new period is off to a robust begin. The membership have signed Raheem Sterling and Kalidou Koulibaly, with Cucurella now on the verge of changing into the membership’s third summer time signing.
If the deal goes via Chelsea may have spent greater than 140m euros on simply three gamers.
The costliest Spanish gamers
- Kepa Arrizabalaga – Chelsea – 80 million euros
- Marc Cucurella – Chelsea – 68 million euros
- Alvaro Morata – Chelsea – 66 million euros
- Aymeric Laporte – Manchester Metropolis – 65 million euros
- Rodri – Manchester Metropolis – 62.7 million euros
- Fernando Torres – Chelsea – 58.5 million euros
- Ferran Torres – Barcelona – 55 million euros
- Diego Costa – Atletico Madrid – 50 million euros
- Gaizka Mendieta – Lazio – 48 million euros
- Juan Mata – Manchester United – 44.73 million euros
Cucurella is ready to develop into the second most costly Spanish signing in historical past.
The 68m euros Chelsea can pay Brighton for his providers is just surpassed by the 80m euros the Blues paid Athletic Membership to signal Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Additionally they signed Alvaro Morata for 66m euros in 2017/18.